microchip n : electronic equipment consisting of a small crystal of a silicon semiconductor fabricated to carry out a number of electronic functions in an integrated circuit [syn: chip, micro chip, silicon chip]
- Finnish: mikrosiru
Microchip can also refer to:
- Integrated circuit, a set of electronic components on a single unit.
- Microchip Technology, a company that makes popular 8, 16 and 32-bit microcontroller lines.
- Microchip implant (animal), a microchip implanted into animals.
- Microchip implant (human), a microchip implanted into a human being.
- Microchip (comics), a supporting character in The Punisher comics
microchip in Italian: Microchip
microchip in Dutch: Microchip
microchip in Portuguese: Microchip
microchip in Russian: Микросхема
microchip in Swedish: Microchips